Every DevOps platform requires a professional DevOps team to achieve positive results. Each DevOps specialist has to fit like a glove to the team no matter what the task is. While different teams have different requirements for employees, there are basic needs you can consider to optimize the working process. To save your time, you can order DevOps services from professionals like Sibedge. The company provides the specialists that you need. Before you do it, think about basic requirements.
Inside DevOps Team
A team needs at least five prime players. They have to cooperate with each other and understand each other’s tasks. No matter whether the project is new and unfamiliar to the team, they have to be professional enough to quickly catch up with it. The major players:
- DevOps Evangelist is the key to the team’s success. You have to pick the person that must be a leader of this team and an organization’s front runner. It is up to this person whether there will be a strong connection between DevOps and other teams in the company;
- Release manager. Expected new releases rely on the professional skills of the release manager. This person takes control over integration, coordination, development, and further support. To be able to keep the team under control, this employee must be highly trained and disciplined;
- This position requires skills in executing, analyzing, and even streamlining practices of DevOps. The most suitable person for this job must be experienced in software building and skillful with the new instruments on the market;
- Security engineer. The name of the position answers the question about the tasks the person deals with. It is basically the security of the environment and compliance. This is the position that requires close collaboration with IT Ops. Security Engineer has to design and keep the infrastructure security high with the help of CI/CD and automation tools;
- A software developer or DevOps Engineer. This is the major executive position since developers are the most active components of product creation. They have to collaborate with QA to get the bug-free codes. Once the work is done, these specialists have to check the final results for errors.
Effective DevOps Team Principles
To be able to create the most effective team, you have to understand the major principles of its work. Find out what you can expect from the team members. Before that, you have to decide which projects they will be working on. Here are the helpful tips that might help:
- Search for talents. You need to know where to look. Sibedge and similar companies offer already made teams of professionals that take your projects and provide results. If you want to pick specialists one by one, you have to make sure you understand the tasks they have to handle;
- A small team is beneficial. A smaller team usually means fast results since they all work closely and usually have tight communication over the project;
- Breaking silos. You have to remove the silos between the IT operations and development, allowing teams to work closely together. Make sure that departments are able to communicate with each other;
- Proper tools. Before you provide any tools, find out whether team members can deal with them. Your specialists must be familiar with the modern tools.
DevOps Dream Team
A perfect DevOps team is something you have to work and search for. It might take some time to find professionals you can easily work with. Once you find them, continue to work until you reach the results you want. The right team will help you to become successful and improve your products.