Kodi is the popular entertaining application available on the web for all the users. This application is compatible with various device platforms such as Android, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and many other operating systems. Kodi is the popular multimedia player available on the web that let the users stream their desired media content for free of cost. Kodi app is compatible on various platforms such as Windows, Android, Mac OS X, iOS, Apple TV and a lot more.
This Kodi multimedia player is available for the users in more than 75 languages. Originally, the Kodi app developed in the year 2002 as an Xbox media player. The users can easily download their preferred content at a high definition picture quality using the internet connection. There is an easy procedure to download and install Kodi on Chromecast streaming player without any hassle. Here is everything you need to know about Chromecast and Kodi for your device. Have a look!
How to Setup Kodi Player on Chromecast:
In the current realm, most of the movie lovers are increasing at a rapid pace. Kodi is considered as one of the most customizable media players for all the users in the current market. Kodi is actually a great hub for the media content that saves, streams and records the content. Previously, Kodi was named as XBMC. The Kodi is an open source app which is absolutely free to use. It indicates that it will change often and the developers will add new exciting features.
Kodi is legal and free to download an application. The users can store their digital stuff at one place and download it anytime. With the Kodi player, you can access the live digital TV and music streams across the globe. You can find various in-app controls, background app skins and moe on Kodi app. Whenever you synchronize it with various 3rd-party services such as Chromecast, you can open up a new world of streaming plausibilities.
Also Check: How to Download Psiphon Handler Apk Latest Version for Free.
How to Install Kodi on Chromecast:
It is not possible to stream the Kodi player on Chromecast using an iOS device without jailbreaking the device. The simple way to download and install Kodi on Chromecast is using the computer or Laptop. We have included the easy method to install Kodi on Chromecast by following the below steps:
- Before proceeding with the installation, you need to ensure that you have the latest version of Google Chrome and Kodi.
- Open your Google Chrome web browser.
- Right-click on the menu present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Cast option and select the ‘Cast Screen’ option from the menu.
- You can view a drop-down menu that asks you about the location to cast the tab.
- Tap the button ‘Cast entire screen’.
- That’s all! This is the simple process to install Kodi on Chromecast using the Laptop or computer.
- From now, your PC will stream Chromecast to your big screen directly. For that, you need to open Kodi as usual and start running it with Chromecast.
How to install Kodi on Chromecast via Android Devices:
If you don’t have a PC then, you can easily install Kodi on Chromecast using your Android mobile device. Moreover, the installation of Kodi is much simpler and faster with Android. Follow the below steps to install Kodi player on Chromecast.
Install the following on your mobile before heading towards the Kodi installation guide:
- LocalCast [the best casting app for Android]
- ES File Explorer [a perfect app manager to sync Kodi on Chromecast]
- After having all the files and apps installed on your phone, access the file explorer app and navigate to the settings option.
- You need to copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and go to Android >> Data >> open the file org.xbmc.kodi.
- After that, look at the files by going to Files >> Kodi >> Userdata.
- Kodi will start working properly only when the .xml code was typed in precisely. By launching the LocalCast, Kodi will give you some options on which device you want to stream the selected content. You can then choose your Chromecast and Kodi will begin streaming it on your Android device.
Method 2: Install Kodi on Chromecast
If the previous method appears quite a way difficult then, you can use this method for installing Kodi on Chromecast.
- First of all, download and open the Chromecast app on your Android mobile device.
- Open the Chromecast menu and choose ‘Cast Screen/Audio.’
- Later, follow the on-screen steps to download Kodi on Chromecast.
- Despite seeming to be quite a simple method, it could take much more time than the previous method. It consumes a massive battery of your Android phone. However, both the methods will render the similar outcomes at the end.
Must Read: Here are the Top 15 Social Apps for Windows 8.
Access Kodi using a VPN:
Kodi is a free and easy to use application. Some other add-ons may not be as simple as Kodi to use. Most of the streaming add-ons depend on the region and they must verify the location before streaming. For instance, the BBC iPlayer is a widely popular Kodi add-on. But, this add-on is only available for the users in the United Kingdom.
Luckily, the users have the ability to use a virtual private network for securing the connection. You can even stream any of the add-ons anywhere across the globe. With the help of a VPN server, you can easily hide your PC’s IP address by considering another one in your preferred location. By installing the VPNs, you can access Kodi player and select a service that offers dedicated apps for your selected device.
That’s all! These are the different methods that help the users to install Kodi on Chromecast using a PC or Android device. With the help of these ways, you can easily stream your preferred content through Chromecast. For more doubts and queries, drop them in the comments section. Stay tuned to this website to learn more about the apps, games and other installation guides.