Everyone knows that the focus has changed from ‘content is king’ to ‘video is king’. While that may be the case, how do you get your video marketing campaign going?
As thoughtful, well put together and appealing as a social media video can be, if the viewer is left guessing how to proceed once the video has ended, they will more than likely stop there without reengaging your business.
Including a ‘call-to-action’ will ensure that your viewers will know how to proceed. In asking your audience to get involved your video will provide the desired results, be it a wider audience or increased sales.
Social media video production may seem daunting for a few reasons including creating the initial content ideas, and then the actual video creation, ensuring they are visually appealing and effective. Before we touch on the content creation here are a few tips to get you started coming up with great ideas as a social media video maker:
- Research the most popular blog posts
- Check out your competition. Are your competitors using video, and how are they using this on their social media profiles?
- Interviews: reach out to influencers from your niche, or other people that your audience would find interesting and include the interviews in your videos.
- Include a bit of fun. While the educational and promotional information is important, it also helps to let your hair down for a bit.
- Promotional/marketing videos: Use social media video to advertise and push your products.
Tips and hacks
Every business has caught onto the use of video to boost their social media audience engagement. For this reason, there are hundreds of videos on every feed and it takes a lot of careful planning and intelligent strategy to stand out in the crowd. In order to be effective and attract attention your video must be visually appealing, provide a clear call to action, and specifically target your intended audience.
Fortunately, it is easy to use your smartphone to film your videos – since you are posting on social media it is acceptable for the videos to have slightly imperfections. In order to optimize your smartphones’ capabilities a few extra pieces of equipment will make a big difference:
- A tripod will help make sure your video is stable and looks more professional. A few pro lights will help improve lighting, which can make all the difference particularly if you are filming indoors. If you are planning on making even a small investment, then the lighting should hold first place. Lastly a microphone is important to ensure the sound is clear and easy to understand.
This is just the start of the journey to creating appealing social videos. Monitor the performance of your videos on different social platforms, and once you are able to track their effectivity you can start to determine where you should make any changes or adjustments.