These days, Google Chrome errors have become quite common on the internet. Google Chrome is a rapidly used web browser across the world. People find it quite arduous to get rid of such errors on Google Chrome web page. One of the most frequent errors on the web is an Err_Connection_Reset error. Have you got stuck up with this error on your web page? If you confront this error on your device, you can easily overcome it just by using the simple solution provided below in this post.
- 0.1 What is an Err_Connection_Reset Error?
- 1 How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Google Chrome?
What is an Err_Connection_Reset Error?
Err_Connection_Reset is the most common error that you usually face on the internet. If you try to access any website or set up a connection with some destination website, you might get this error. It is the quite common error you see on the internet particularly on the Google Chrome web browser. If you get this error, you can’t even connect to different website simultaneously.
Reasons behind Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Google Chrome
In this post, we have provided some of the typical reasons that could ultimately cause this Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in your Google Chrome web browser.
- Interrupted Internet Connection or when the internet connection is disabled
- Old Registry Entries: When old registry entries or some antivirus blocks the connection, you will come across this error.
- Firewall blocks some websites
- Your internet service providers block some websites
How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Google Chrome?
Here, in this guide, we have come up with some solutions with detailed steps that help the users to fix Err_Connection_Reset Error in Google Chrome web browser:
1. Alter Proxy Settings
This is the best solution so as to fix this error on your Windows device. This is one of the best working solutions for solving this error. You need to make sure that your device not configured so as to use the proxy server. Follow the simple steps provided below so as to change the proxy settings:
- First of all, go to Control Panel >> tap on Internet Options. Make sure that you choose the icon view.
- On your Windows 8 device, you can easily acquire access to the Control Panel using Settings from the search bar.
- After opening Internet Options, you need to click on Connections tab.
- Under this tab, you need to click on the button that says LAN Settings.
- You need to uncheck or disable the option that says ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ checkbox in the next window. Hit the Ok button.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to change the proxy settings.
2. Disable Firewall
You will get this error due to the blockage of the firewall or some antivirus. In order to overcome this error, you need to disable firewall or antivirus on your Windows device. However, this might be a challenging solution as it could ultimately make your computer vulnerable to malicious attacks. You can choose this method at your own risk.
You can disable or completely uninstall the antivirus software program from your device. After uninstalling it, you can check out whether you get this error again. Also, ensure that all the firewall settings are proper and there is no blockage of the firewall to your website or the Chrome browser.
3. Setup MTU
Follow the simple steps provided below to resolve this error by setting up the Maximum Transmission Unit.
- First of all, go to the start menu on your PC and open the Run dialog box.
- In the empty field, you need to type ncpa.cpl and tap the enter key.
- Immediately, you can see a pop-up window showing all the wireless networks.
- Once again, navigate to the Run window and enter cmd in the empty space.
- Tap the Ok button and open the Command Prompt window.
- Enter ‘netsh interface IPv4 set subinterface ‘wireless network connection 4′ mtu=1472 store = persistent’ command in the window.
- You can then replace the local area connection with the network adapter name and tap enter key.
4. Scan your Antivirus Software
Another best method to resolve the ERR_Connection_Reset error is to update and scan the antivirus program on your Windows PC. You can even deactivate the antivirus software in order to completely eliminate this error on your PC. Follow the simple steps provided below to do so:
- Go to the Start menu from your Windows device.
- Enter ‘Microsoft Security Essentials’ in the search field and tap the enter key.
- From the result, you need to hit the ‘Scan Now’ button and commence the scanning procedure.
- You need to tap the option ‘Update definitions’ so as to carry out the update process of your Microsoft Security Essentials.
- After that, you need to refresh the page and finish the process.
5. Clear the Internet Browsing History
We have a couple of ways to accomplish this task of clearing the internet browsing data. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, open your Internet Explorer web browser from your device.
- Tap the option Tools and choose safety from the list.
- You need to tap the option ‘Delete browsing history’ present on the screen.
- You can then tap the delete button which starts deleting your browsing history.
- First of all, launch the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click the 3-dotted icon present at the top-right corner of the device.
- You can then choose ‘History’ option present in the drop-down menu.
- Finally, select the data that you want to delete.
- Click the ‘Clear browsing history’ option and delete the complete browsing history that you have selected.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the methods to resolve the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in the Google Chrome web browser on your Windows device. Hope this tutorial has helped you to solve this kind of browser issues with simple fixes. For more doubts and queries, you can simply ask us through the comments section provided below. We send the solutions to your queries as soon as possible. Stay tuned to this website to learn more about the issues & fixes of Windows device, latest apps, and more.