Microsoft commercial Marketplace which is most commonly known for the Azure Marketplace. This commercial marketplace is like a catalog of solutions from an independent software vendor (ISV) partner. If you are a member of the Microsoft Partner Network then you can create, publish and manage all your commercial marketplace offers in the Partner Center.
The Microsoft commercial marketplace is available in around 100 countries and regions. They also manage the tax payment in most of these countries and regions as well. The Microsoft commercial marketplace are divided into two different online stores:
- Microsoft AppSource: This online store contains the business solutions for the companies and businesses who sell products through this store.
- Azure Marketplace: This online store contains the IT solutions for your businesses on the store.
Both of these online stores are different yet similar to each other. This article particularly focuses on the Azure Marketplace and how you can sell on Azure Marketplace as well. Though the online stores as well as the in-product experiences of Microsoft commercial marketplace attracts a lot of potential customers every month.
What is Azure Marketplace?
This online store or marketplace is for the solutions which are built for or built on for Azure and it is intended for the IT professional and the developers. Some of these includes the listings for the consulting and managed services for their customers.
Though the consulting services at the Azure Marketplace is like a professional service offering for the customers. You can get help with how to get started or how to accelerate the use of Azure.
How to Sell on Azure Marketplace?
The first thing you need to do is to sign up to the Microsoft commercial marketplace. After that you can select Azure Marketplace as the online store from where you want to sell. You can also go to the Azure IT solutions where you can find all the IT related solutions for the problems you might be facing in your online store.
There are three steps which you need to follow to sell on Azure Marketplace. They are as follows:
- First step for that is to generate leads by giving your customers an ability so that they can spin up the live instances of your applications which are currently running on Azure. You can also help the customers to understand how your applications or store works and how you are able to meet their needs through it.
- In the next step, you need to gain access to the Microsoft sellers by using the Azure Marketplace as a selling tool. You can also participate in the co-marketing opportunities which the Microsoft commercial marketplace provides to reach all the new customers and the markets worldwide.
- In the last step, your applications or stores need to leverage some rich commerce capabilities and get insights on how your business is doing on the Azure Marketplace or if you are gaining revenue from it.
Through these three steps you can successfully sell on the Azure Marketplace. You can also find a business guide on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace website. This website will help you grow your business and you can also learn more about business-related stuff.