The Staff Selection Commission for Junior Engineering releases the notification on SSC JE exam every year on the month of October. The latest update for SSC JE 2020 exam includes recruitment notification for various post and departments for which the applicants can apply. Apart from that, the authority conducting the examination also provide all kinds of relevant information which are pertinent for the SSC JE 2020 examination.
- 1 Application form for SSC JE 2020 exam
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for SSC JE 2020 Exam
- 3 Post and Salary for the SSC JE 2020
- 4 Syllabus and Pattern for SSC JE 2020 Exam
- 5 Admit Card for SSC JE
- 6 Keep Yourself Updated with the Current Trends
Highlights of SSC JE 2020 exam
- SSC JE exam is conducted for the post of Junior Engineer.
- The exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
- The SSC JE exam is conducted on all over India.
- The exam is conducted on both online and offline mode. Paper-1 is conducted in the online mode and paper-2 is conducted in the offline mode.
- Approximately there are 1000 vacancies for the SSC JE 2020 exam.
Application form for SSC JE 2020 exam
The candidates appearing for the SSC JE 2020 needs to visit the official website of SSC or can visit this page for further details. Fill the SSC JE 2020 online application form and upload the documents that are mentioned on their official website. In the process, applicants must make sure that they go through the procedure mentioned below:
- Make sure that candidates use the online facility for applying for the SSC JE 2020 exam. Moreover, the application form should be completed accurately and correctly.
- Candidates applying for the SSC JE 2020 exam are required to pay the exam fees of Rs 100/- via online or offline mode. However, ST, SC, physically challenged, and ex-servicemen are not required to make the payment for the application.
- Those who want to make their payment via online mode can make it either through credit card, debit card and net banking.
- For offline mode applicants have to download the challan from the official website and can make the payment via any SBI branch.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC JE 2020 Exam
1. Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in B-Tech, Civil Engineering, B.E. and diploma in civil engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Candidates with B-Tech or three years diploma in electrical engineering from a recognized university or institute can also apply for the SSC JE 2020 exam.
- The same also goes for the candidates who have completed their graduation with B-tech or B.E. from civil or electrical engineering and has a minimum of two years work experience can also appear for the SSC JE 2020 exam.
- Candidates who have completed their civil or mechanical engineering in the central water commission with a B.Tech or B.E. degree can also apply for the SSC JE 2020 exam.
2. Age Limit
- The age of the candidate must not be more than thirty-two years if applying for SSC JE exam be it civil, mechanical and electrical.
- The average age limit of the candidate should be between eighteen to twenty-seven years if applying for the SSC JE for the post of surveying and contract.
- Candidates who have age within 30 years can apply for SSC JE MES.
3. Selection Process
- The first step of this exam includes Paper 1, which is of objective type. These are conducted in online mode and comprises of 200 marks.
- The second step of this exam includes Paper-2, which is of conventional type. This is an offline mode exam and consist of 300 marks.
- In the SSC JE, there is no interview round. The candidates are selected based on their performance in the two exams.
- If case candidates get the same marks, then the evaluation is based on marks acquired in paper-1 and paper-2 and on seniority based on the date of birth.
Post and Salary for the SSC JE 2020
- Central Water Commission Department – Junior Engineer (Civil) Grade-B – Salary – Rs 29,455 – 33,907
- CPWD Junior Engineer – Grade-B – Salary – Rs 29,455 – 33,907
- MES Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) – Grade-B – Salary – Rs 29,455 – 33,907
- MES Junior Engineer (Civil) – Grade-B – Salary – Rs 29,455 – 33,907
- Junior Engineer for Electrical Department – Grade-B – Rs 29,455 – Rs 33,907
- Junior Engineer for Civil Department – Grade-B – Rs. 29,455 – Rs. 33,907
Syllabus and Pattern for SSC JE 2020 Exam
|Part-A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50 marks|
|Part-B||General Awareness||50 marks|
|Part-C||General Engineering||100 marks|
Part-C that is general engineering is further sub-divided into three parts which include Part-A (Structural & Civil), Part-B (Electrical) and Part-C (Mechanical). Candidates need to attempt only part which is appropriate with their JE post.
Moreover, the Paper-1 of SSC JE is an objective type which comprises of 200 marks, and the exam is conducted for 120 minutes. This paper also has negative marking, which means that the candidates need to be aware before answering the question. Candidate appearing for SSC JE exam should also keep in mind that the negative marking is applicable for paper-l only.
Paper-ll of SSC JE is of conventional type and is also divided into three parts, but the applicant needs to attempt only one section which is relevant to their subject in graduation. This exam is also of 120 minutes.
Admit Card for SSC JE
The candidates need to download their admit card via the online website of SSC. Besides, the candidate must carry there admit card while appearing for the SSC JE 2020 exam.
Keep Yourself Updated with the Current Trends
Candidates who will be appearing for the SSC JE 2020 exam should go through the latest updates. It will help one to keep a track on any additional changes made in the SSC JE 2020 exam.