Online security is a critical consideration for any company that seeks to transact on an online platform that is infested with ever-increasing threats. With digital theft taking a new twist every day, it is necessary for companies to create secure environments that will keep their exchange servers safe. One of the ways of achieving such an ideal is installing an SSL certificate on their exchange servers. Additionally, modern technology allows you to get the best security irrespective of whether you need an SSL Certificate for Exchange Server 2016.
Additionally, most of the functionalities you need to optimize the security of your servers are embedded in the Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 respectively. A good example is the configuring of the Outlook Web Access and Outlook Anywhere to use the SSL certificate security functionality. This inclusion makes it necessary for your system managers to acquaint themselves SSL concepts and information they need to implement the security requirements of your Microsoft exchange servers.
To keep it safe, buy from credible Certificate Authorities (CA)
The reliability of your SSL depends on the credibility of your CA. Therefore, it is necessary to buy your SSL certificates from well known provider such as Comodo. The reason is that Microsoft exchange servers come with components that are intended to facilitate the use of SSL-enabled apps. However, such certificates are not “credible” when it comes to transitions on the Internet. Therefore, if you are dealing with such certificates, you need to instruct your IT admin or end users to configure and troubleshoot them first. A good example is where it is mandatory to import your certificate into your comp’s Trusted Certificate Store before Outlook Anywhere can function well.
To avoid such challenges with your system, then it is necessary to use SSL that come from credible CA. However, you need to choose a CA based on your needs and the affordability of their varied offers. The reason is that these vendors use different mechanisms to verify the legitimacy of your organization before they decide to issue you with an SSL certificate. When choosing a credible CA, you should consider the following factors:
- The affordability of their SSL certificates
- The ease of issuance
- The ease of creating certificates for multiple domains
- How easily the latest browsers can recognize the credibility of the certificate.
Install SSL certificates in Exchange Server 2016
In this section, we shall explore the process of obtaining an SSL certificate. To obtain an SSL Certificate for Exchange Server 2016 or for any other older versions, it is necessary to generate the Certificate Signing Request and then follow these simple steps when verifying it.
- Login to Exchange Server 2016 and open EAC.
- Click on servers > certificates > add new certificate (+ sign)
- Select “create a request for certificate from certificate auhtority” and fill the friendly name.
- Now choose your server, specify domain names and add SAN names that you want to secure.
- Now fill up all requireed information and select location where you want to save your request.
- Order a exchange SSL certificate from trusted vendor like SSL2BUY. After verifying, the CA will email you certificate file.
- Now save your certificate on your desired path.
- go through Servers >> Certificates >> select pending request and click on “complete” link in right bottom.
- Enter certificate path and clock on ok.
- The certificate is installed on your Exchange 2016 server, and appeared valid status for your certificate.
These steps will guide you in the verification process of an SSL Certificate for Exchange Server 2016 or 2013.
An SSL certificate is one of the best tools for securing your Exchange Servers in this age where online threats and insecurity are taking a fatal toll on thousands of unsecured servers. As a smart business that is passionate about the security of its users, obtaining and verifying an SSL certificate is a critical step towards achieving a secure operational environment. That is why we compiled these ideas to guide you during the process of obtaining and verifying the certificate before launching and enjoying it.
By taking advantage of these insights and optimizing them for your servers, you and your business will stay ahead of the threats in a secured environment.