A private LTE Network is a relatively newer concept. IoT devices and the applications are becoming more and more important than the operation of the equipment and resources for the business applications. To support the large network of devices, many of the businesses who have large campuses or facilities are looking for some drastic improvements in their wireless connectivity options.
Mobile network technology and the infrastructure have been implementing these improvements as well. We are now at that stage where the businesses can develop its own private LTE network and they can take advantage of the cellular technology which are only available through larger mobile networks.
The private LTE network is based on three spectra. They are:
- Licensed spectrum: Which means the mobile operator gives you a part of their network as your Private LTE Network which is licensed.
- Unlicensed spectrum: They are considered to be an alternative carrier of Wi-Fi access point. You can get unlicensed 5 GHz band through this network connection.
- Shared spectrum: Organizations and businesses manage the private LTE network which is licensed but shared among them.
Benefits of Private LTE Network:
- This private network is relatively new and only works for the large-scale networks which most of the people are familiar through their mobile phones.
- You can have a customized, secure and high-performance mobile solution, if you enable the private LTE network.
- These networks are more secure and have high performance abilities than the Wi-Fi system.
How to set up the private LTE Network?
Most of the Private LTE Network are set up on the basis of the licensed spectrum and the shared spectrum. Not many people use the unlicensed spectrum for their private LTE network. Below mentioned are the two ways in which you can set up your private LTE network.
- For Licensed spectrum
You can get your private network through the licensed spectrum. In licensed spectrum, the mobile operator will allocate a part of their own network for your private network. You can’t develop your own private network through licensed spectrum.
Though you should also know that there are different bands which fall under the licensed spectrum, so their use is determined by the laws of a particular country. Every country has their own laws related to the LTE network issues. So, before deploying any of the LTE Network, carefully review the laws of the network in your country and then choose accordingly.
- For Shared Spectrum
Another way you can set up your private LTE network is through shared spectrum, such as the CBRS. This way of getting a private network has many advantages of its own. The method for setting up is the same as that of the licensed spectrum.
So more than one organization or business can manage the Private LTE Network using the spectrum which is licensed but also shared. The network is not completely considered to be yours, but only a part of the network which you are using is considered to be yours.
For setting up your private LTE network, you need to get a hold of a software development team who has experience with deploying private LTE networks and have an expertise in building it up according the different business demands.