Aadhaar is an advantageous and necessary document that designates the identification of an individual as a resident of India. An Aadhaar card comprises of a 12-digit unique identification number that the government of India issues to those who reside in the country or the resident of India. The fundamental goal of the government in starting this Aadhaar card program is to render global citizenship to each and every single resident present in India.
UIDAI is an acronym for Unique Identification Authority of India. The UDAI is a central government agency of India that operates under the Planning Commission of India. Unique Identification Authority of India is customarily indicated as UDAI all over the country by maximum count of the people. UDAI holds the charge to supervise and govern various Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar ID cards of lakhs of people across the nation.
The Aadhaar program was begun as an effort towards administering an individual, and a unique identification number that would obtain the entire details of an individual, that includes the demographic details, of each resident Indian individual. In the current generation, there are a plenty of identity documents in India such as the passports, PAN card, driving licenses, ration cards and more. In this post, you can take a look at the complete procedure and ways to tracks your Aadhaar card status online. Check it out!
Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
Do you have an Aadhaar Card? If not, you can apply for a new card. Otherwise, if you have previously applied for the Aadhaar card and expecting for the issuance, you can easily check the status of your Aadhaar card. In general, the applicant will get their Aadhaar card 3 months from the date of application. In some other cases, it could take much more time to get your application to your registered address.
If you do not have an Aadhaar card, here is a simple process to track the card status either online or offline mode. There are two different methods to check the status of your Aadhaar card. One is through SMS and the other method is through the official web portal i.e., online method. The online method includes checking the status of Aadhaar card through the Enrollment number and name.
If you are quite eager to know whether your Aadhaar card has been approved or not, you need to check the status of the Aadhaar card. Here are a detailed step-by-step procedure and different ways so as to check the status of your Aadhaar card. Here’s the process!
Ways to Check your Aadhaar Card Status
Know the process to check the status of your newly applied Aadhaar card in several ways. There are two different methods to check your e-Aadhaar card status. One is through SMS to your mobile number and the other one is through online mode. The official website of Aadhaar card status check is www.uidai.gov.in. Simply follow the different ways provided below in order to check your Aadhaar card status online. Check it out!
Check Aadhaar Card Status via SMS
You can quickly check the status of the Aadhaar card through your registered mobile number. You need to send this SMS from your registered mobile number.
Send SMS as: “state uid <14 digit enrollment number>”
For example: ‘uid status 23232323232323’ to 51969
You will then receive an SMS regarding the status of your Aadhaar card.
Check Aadhaar Card Status Online by Name
Here are the easy steps that assist the users to check out the status of Aadhaar card via online:
- At first, download e-Aadhaar card online and take a print out of it.
- Go to the Aadhaar web page on the official website @ www.uidai.gov.in.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number, full name, and your residential address.
- Type the characters that are already in the image.
- You will get a One Time Password (OTP) which is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given fields and hit the submit button.
- That’s it! You can then check out your Aadhaar card status displayed on the screen.
How to Download Aadhaar Card via Enrolment ID?
- First of all, navigate to the official web portal of UIDAI.
- Select the right option from Aadhaar No (UID) or Enrolment No (EID).
- If you have your EID number, you can download your Aadhaar card with much ease.
- You need to enter some of your details like full name and pin code in the provided fields.
- After that, type the Captcha Code that appears on the screen.
- Provide your registered mobile number in the respective field so as to receive One Time Password to your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the given field. You can then hit on ‘Validate and Download’ button that appears on the screen.
- In just a few moments, you can see a pop-up window that provides a download option.
- That’s it! You can now download your Aadhaar card in PDF format.
How to Check Status of Aadhaar Card Online? [Without Enrolment Number]
If you do not know or forgot your Enrolment ID, you need to follow the simple steps provided below. Just follow the easy process in order to check your Aadhaar card status online without having Enrolment number.
- First of all, you need to visit the official web portal of UIDAI and click on the option ‘Aadhaar Services.’
- You need to choose the option either ‘Aadhaar No (UID)’ or ‘Enrolment No (EID)’ that you’ve lost.
- If you want to check your Aadhaar Card status online without enrolment number, you need to select ‘Enrolment No.’
- On the next web page, you need to enter all your credentials such as your complete name, email ID, or mobile number which was earlier registered at the time of Aadhaar Card application.
- You will then get an OTP (One-Time Password) to your registered Email ID and mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the provided field and now, you will receive a message of Aadhaar Enrolment Number to your mobile number.
That’s it! This is the simple process to check out Aadhaar card status via online process.