Before you start writing a resume for a product manager, you must think that you are one of the most deserving and efficient product managers in the business to business marketing. It would help if you attempt to write such a resume that would help your employer hire a developer online. The aim of writing a resume should be to send it to more interviews that are hiring developers online.
- 1 What Should Your Resume Highlight?
- 2 Best Format For A Product Manager’s Resume
- 3 How To Write The Perfect Resume
- 4 Format And Example Of An Impressive Resume:
What Should Your Resume Highlight?
A good resume for business to business marketing would include the following-
- Your best achievements that suit the job you’re applying to or that has been offered.
- You must make it easy for the employer to hire a developer online. Your employer must find your value through your resume.
- Have a better presentation than other applicants.
Best Format For A Product Manager’s Resume
Your resume must mention your recent achievement first and then date backwards. In the same way, your educational qualification and job experiences must be dated in a reverse-chronological manner, i.e. your last degree, your undergraduate degree, 10+2 qualification and 10th qualification in case of educational information.
Resume Summary Or Resume Objective
As a project manager, your resume must have examples of enough projects you have worked on in business to business marketing. It will ensure you’re hired as a developer online.
Instead of flooding your CEO with words, you can summarise your experience in a nutshell. If your field experience in developing is towards the leaner side, you can use the summary objective to highlight your aspirations and passions instead of experience to ensure you are hired
Anyway, your attempt should be to impress your employer, be it through experiences or talents or aspirations.
How To Write The Perfect Resume
Here are a few suggestions suitable for different situations faced while writing a resume.
Resume Summaries (Bio)
For an experienced product manager in business to business marketing, the resume must mention your years of experience, several projects handled, positions of responsibility achieved, client satisfaction with your projects, and so forth. Numerical and statistical data about your achievements are more impressive than mere words to describe your capability.
Resume Objective (Bio)
If you’re a novice, you can include your achievements in the relevant field that you had obtained in your college life or during any project or practical programs. Don’t just write about your aspirations and goals; give some examples of minor experiences to get hired as a developer online
Following the reverse chronology, mention your last job and give a few bulleted points, crammed with achievements in addition to work responsibilities. The CEO would be interested in knowing your performance in the projects assigned to you.
It isn’t a hassle to get a product manager job with less or no experience. Just take up side jobs and mention them as your experience with statistical data and impressionable approach. Also, you can mention your experiences in related fields to look more promising and be counted as a promising applicant.
Your educational qualifications must be listed in your resume as an education perfect for product managers. But you shouldn’t just list your achievements but add achievements that fit your job. You must start with basics like your College or University’s name and location, degree pursued, and years of study.
In this section, you can show your distinguishable traits that have won your appreciation or have helped you receive promotion in your previous job. Uniqueness in any new employee is what the CEO of a company would look for. Mention such rare talents or experiences that are suited to project management and promise great profit to the company you’re applying to.
Being multilingual is always considered to be a positive aspect of your selection. Also, if you are from the computer science background, knowing languages like JAVA, C++ etc. thoroughly would make the employers favour you in selection.
Things You’re Proud Of
Mention as many skills obtained and training done by you and which you are proud of that is relevant to the applying profile. Voluntary services unrelated to the job profile can also be added at the end as employers always consider social services.
Format And Example Of An Impressive Resume:
<NAME OF THE APPLICANT>
IT PROJECT MANAGER
- Address- <your address>
- Contact Number- +91 1234567890
- Email ID- <your email id>.gmail.com
- LinkedIn or other such profiles
IT Professional with more than 13 years of profound experience and specialisation in IT department management for international logistics companies. I’ve implemented effective IT strategies at local and global levels. My greatest strength in business awareness enables me to permanently streamline applications and infrastructure. Looking forward to leveraging my skills at <name of the company>.
2010 – Present Senior Project Manager
Global Hospital, New Delhi
- Oversaw all major IT projects of the hospital and focused on cost reduction.
- Responsible for creating, developing and improving upon IT strategies.
- Cut costs by 30% in less than six months.
2006-2010 Junior Project Manager
Global Hospital, New Delhi
- Diagnosed problems with operating systems and hardware.
- Maintained a user database of over 40,000 patients.
- Managed project for intense training of all IT Support Officers.
- Cut costs by 20% by streamlining IT logistics and administration.
2002-2006 IT Support Officer
Global Hospital, New Delhi
- Prepared over 150 infrastructure and performance analyses and reports.
- Successfully resolved about 100 issues related to IT infrastructure.
1999-2001 <name of your recent degree>, <name of your college or University>
- Managed a project to develop a monthly nursing podcast.
- Developed the structure of a new tracking system cutting manual data input by 70%.
- Improvement of the business process- Leading to considerable savings in costs.
- Scheduling Projects- Over 95% of projects led were finished before the scheduled time.
- Vendor Management
<ADD YOUR INTERESTS IN BULLET FORM>
<ADD ANY WORKSHOP OR TRAINING EXPERIENCE IN BULLETED POINTS>
Any other relevant information like voluntary services, languages learnt, etc. can be included, but they are not mandatory.