“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, but it will also improve the lives of all those around you”.
Robin Sharma, “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari”
Modern World improves with the highest speed. Every day you can hear about a new invention, new success, and newborn ideas. Nowadays life moves very quickly, and humans should follow it by improving oneself.
What is Self-Improvement?
Self-improvement is an improvement of a person: its knowledge, outlook, skills, education, health, body, career, etc. A person tries his/her best to become better in all aspects of his/her life. Are you tired of an “old version” of yourself? Do you want to change your life? It is a perfect time to turn to self-improvement. Here is some advice to start with:
- First of all, you should take responsibility for your life. Be aware that your thoughts and actions form your future.
- Set goals. Take a sheet of paper and write down an ideal version of yourself. What do you want to achieve? What would you like to put into perspective? What is the most important aspect of your life? Start from little steps and move forward!
- Be ready to cope with different obstacles, to stand up when you fail. You’re a strong person, and you can achieve whatever you believe in!
- Remember that life is like the weather – today it is sunny, but it doesn’t mean that tomorrow it can’t be rainy.
- Take control of your thoughts. If you have only positive thoughts in your head, you will change for better extremely fast.
- Every day try to add a new healthy habit into your life. For example, you want to teach yourself to drink more water. Start with drinking a glass of water every morning. Your day-to-day actions will change you. Your habits form you as a personality.
- Be thankful for every moment of your life, every bad and good situation. Your present – really matters! Appreciate the ability to walk, to see, to hear! Be grateful for all people that surround you.
- We can’t forget or erase our past. Try to keep only the best memories of your life.
- Learn from the mistakes you have already done.
- Be optimistic, and you will, like a magnet, attract all the best occasions and the sweetest people.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. You are unique. You are individuality. People can be really hard on themselves. We tend to be very self-critical and hold ourselves to higher standards than those around us. It’s important to cultivate an attitude of patience.
What to Start with?
- It is necessary to start with time management. It is a very important skill to know. Time management is the process which helps to organize your time for studying, family, work, cooking, etc. There are different software to help you to deal with procrastination. Or you can use any time management technique. For example, Pomodoro is a technique which divides your working time into 25 minutes intervals with 5 minutes break. This helps you to concentrate on your task and also don’t forget to have a rest.
- We are what we eat. A healthy way of life is an essential thing nowadays. Control your food consumption. Keep in your diet more fruits, vegetables, whole-grain bread, and cereals, etc. The proper eating habit not only brings you a healthy life but also makes the self-improvement tips process more worthy. Moreover, you can try to avoid fast foods completely and artificially made recipes.
- Go in for sport. Love your body. Meditate. Meditation not only brings you some health benefits but also aids in avoiding anxiety and worries. These are the essential benefits which really clear your brain of all unwanted negative thoughts. This stunning process helps you to feel more relaxed and better. Sport makes people happier and healthier.
- Reading is food for your brain. Do you want to change your outlook? Almost all the questions you can find in books. While reading, you will rest, entertain and learn at the same time.
- Listen to a podcast. You can find a lot of them according to your preference. Besides, you can listen to it while doing other tasks.
- Treat yourself for achieving goals. It will motivate you for future achievement.
- Help other people. While volunteering, you’ll forget about your problems and then you’ll be able to solve them with a fresh point of view
- Walk outside. Go for a walk before sleep to the park or just along the street. You need to breathe fresh air and relax.
If you follow these recommendations, you will become a better version of yourself, well-balanced, more confident and happier. Changes come after a million tiny actions. Step by step you can transform your life. Start doing the job you like. A piece of assiduity and resolution and a pinch of persistence are the elements of progress. And don’t forget that there are lots of things to be happy about: early spring, great weather, tasty food, comfortable shelter or even the possibility of free studying. But now the task is not to forget in a daily routine about simple things that we should be thankful for and glad about.
My name is Erica Fleming. I support the effective adoption of new technologies or ways of working within writing by communicating complex information in an informative and inspiring way. I’m fond of writing articles for students, helping with essays like hamlet summary