BlackBerry Messenger was one of the first messenger pp to hit the market. It was there even before WhatsApp or any other Messenger app came into action. It was used by all BB users to carry out conversation for free of charge. But the drawback that it had was that it was limited to the BlackBerry users only. So people could only chat with other BBM users and not just any Smartphone users. Though initially it is said that it enhanced the sale of BlackBerry but not everybody could have afforded to have a BlackBerry device. So when the Android device came into the market with messenger apps people were happy that they had something which can compete with BBM. But not everything could match up with BBM. BlackBerry understood the user’s requirement and therefore they came up with the Android version too. It was not surprising to see millions of download of this messenger app when it was launched for the Android devices as people were waiting to use BBM.
Features of BBM
BBM has some amazing features that you can use for better communication. You will be provided with unique PIN and that will be required to get in touch with you. You can easily communicate with people who are in your friend circle or you can even invite your client over in your BBM group. The call experience is so nice that you will fall in love with this messenger at once. Here are some other highlights of BBM –
- You can go for a face to face chat if you want with friends and families who are far away and you didn’t get a chance to meet them for years. BBM will help you to get in touch with them in person through this face to face chat option.
- You don’t have to wait for hours to receive or send messages as everything is carried out in real time.
- You can chat with your closed ones by typing or you can simply talk to them and if you want, you can opt for both the medium for free over the Wi-Fi network
- Basically, you have the options of BBM chat, BBM Voice and BBM Video
- You can get help from the BBM community about any troubleshooting that you want to do or if you want any tips about using some feature of BBM
- You can also share photos, videos and images with the help of BBM
- File sharing and location sharing are made possible in here
- More than 100 emoticons are present to express your feelings
- 50 people can be included in one BBM group
- Messages with unlimited length can be sent and received
- Personalizing your BBM account is possible
If you are not sure about using BBM on your Android device, then you can take the advantage of this messenger app on your PC. It will work just fine on your PC as well and you will be able to use all the feature as is on your computer too. So, if you want to get BBM for PC you will have to take the help of Android emulator BlueStacks as it is the best way of downloading apps that are present on Google Play Store on your computer.
Download BBM for PC (Windows 7/8/XP)
You will easily get the BBM for PC if you follow the instructions that are explained below –
- You will first have to go to the official website of BlueStacks and download the emulator from there
- Once it is downloaded on your desktop you can double-click on it to start the installation process
- In order to complete the installation process successfully, you will have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen
- Now when the installation is completed, you can use the BlueStacks emulator for downloading BBM for PC
- You can now open the BlueStacks emulator
- Type in the name of the app BBM on the search box and it will show up in the search result
- Select the name of the app and you will find the install button there
- Click on it to start downloading the game
- Once the downloading is complete the installation process starts automatically
- You will have the BBM ready for your PC use once the installation is complete.
BBM for PC has brought a smile to many a people as they had been waiting to use BBM for a long time. They couldn’t afford the BlackBerry device neither they could go to the Android device so now when they can use this messenger app on their PC then nothing better than that.